Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tiles...


I've been thinking what I should put in my blog about my house that is being built. To say that it has been the most stressful, exhilarating and disappointing part of my life would be an understatement. This blog is meant to be exactly what the heading is Decorating a Modern Home but the house is not built yet so I feel the need to share the journey where we are, right now. So what stage are we at.....

We are at the tiling stage. The tiles I have selected are imported from Italy and are just beautiful, or at least they were up to 5:00 this afternoon. We got a call from the builder who had ordered work to stop immediately on out tiling until I could come down and have a look at the main bathroom tiles. He told me that our tilers refused to lay the tiles until he came down and had a look at the batch that was delivered to the house. Every tile was a different colour and pattern. Our builder said it was so bad that the tilers didn't want to continue because they knew the owner would be very unhappy when they saw it. So, taking a deep breath, I told the builder I would meet him in the morning early to look how bad it looked. No big deal you may say, just pick another tile.....when you have been waiting 4 weeks for the tilers to actually lay your tiles then find out the ones you had ordered have to be returned is not a good thing. 14 months into a build, excruciatingly slow, we have almost given up hope. Mr B doesn't even want to go by the house any more....it will be built when it gets built.

Hopefully, I don't need to post on a negative note like this again because this is not what my blog is about. Here is a picture of some of my early tile selections that I have changed in the last few months....


Mrs B

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin