Sunday, August 21, 2011

Matlida's Market

Cute little bottles from Matilda's Market

Today I went to Matilda's Market at the Hawthorn Townhall. I really had no idea what stall holders would be there as I read about it briefly on  beautiful  A-M's blog and thought to myself Off to Market Again...Yippee! And of course, I met up with A-M again and I think we didnt stop talking, admiring and gooing over the most exquisite homemade baby items under one roof. I was also very fortunate in meeting A-M's friend Rachael who just happens to be the  organiser  of the whole Matilda's Market. To be in the company of such very talented women just makes my Sunday morning perfect!!!! 
I bought these 6 little gorgeous bottles for my kitchen shelf and both A-M and Rachael told me the best flowers to put in them are the 'weedy' type you would find in your garden. I would like to put herbs in them I think but these stems from a native bush we have look just as pretty. Oh...when Mr B saw the bottles, he immediately went to the local Italian supermarket and bought me the same 6 little bottles with the orange nectar in them. Now I have 12 and intend to use them for my childrens parties next week!

So, who watched The Block last night? Later I will post my impressions about the end result. All I can say that Amie and Katrina, you have both been wonderful throughout the whole series...good things come to good people. Keep Strong, lots of hugs and kisses!
Mrs B xx

2 comments:

K&B by the Sea said...

Pretty bottles :-) And so cool that you met up with A-M at the Market :-)

I watched the final episode of The Block this afternoon. After watching the renos for 8 weeks, the finale was a real let-down. I love Polly & Waz and I'm happy that they won, but how disappointing that their house is the only one that met the reserve. I liked Tania & Rod's house best, and was really surprised they didn't win. Not a Josh & Jenna fan, but did feel kind of bad for them that their house got next to no bids. I hope Amie is feeling better about the experience and doesn't really think it was all for nothing. They did something pretty amazing, made new friends, and had a really unique experience.

Just my 2 cents :-)

stormygirl said...

Gorgeous bottles, Mrs B! I would have loved to have gone to the market, but it was my Daughters 10th Birthday, and I had a house to clean and party to organise! Would have been lovely to catch up again!

As for The Block, I felt sooo sorry for KandA. After all that they sacrificed to be on the show and to come home with nothing really broke my heart. I wish them every success for the furute, and that something comes out of The Block for them.

Hope to catch up with you at the next Boutique Market!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin