Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Security Doors are in...

Our stacker security doors went in today for the downstairs kitchen area. We have 5 sets of these doors throughout the house and will be getting the rest after Christmas. What a joy they are...we can just keep the doors open throughout the day keeping flies out as well as offering security. At first I was concerned they would ruin the look of the home both from inside and out but they just blend so easily you don't even notice them. The photos below show how they look both from the interior and exterior.


This picture is from the outside with the stacker wire doors open....


Same view but with them shut. As you can see they just neatly slide out of the way if not needed. I love these wire doors...it has made living in and outdoors a breeze now as I hate the flies!
Mrs B



10 comments:

kexkez said...

They look terrific Mrs B. How nice to be able to enjoy the summer without worrying about flies spoiling things.

One of my Hobby Blogs said...

oh I'm jealous - we don't have screens yet, I bought some cheapies from innovations.com.au which are like fly large strips (not doors) so kids and pets can walk through without damaging them. I'm thinking they would ruin screens like yours in a day! Don't know how these will last tho - fingers crossed, the flys are driving me up the rudy wall!

Mrs B said...

Thanks Girls!
It took us ages to get these ones installed as they are very expensive and several to go unfortunately. Its funny how you get excited over small things but having that door open all the time now just makes me feel happy and connected to the outside. And those flies drive me insane in the house.
Annie, I am also concerned that dogs and kids will ruin the screens but they are very tough security mesh....so lets see what happens over the next few weeks LOL

Katrina said...

I have these stacker doors too and need screens as well. I am loving them! The flies are driving me mad too!!!

DesignTies said...

I'm not sure what stacker doors are, but screens are definitely a must to keep the bugs out. We get a lot of mosquitoes here in the summer, and they'd be all over the house if we didn't have a screen door!!

Enjoy your latest home addition :-)

Kelly

Andrea said...

The screens look fantastic. Are your windows and screens from A&L Windows? We will have the same stacker doors in our house, once it is built, and I am worried about the screens ruining the look of the doors, just as you were. So it was good to hear you say that it didn't seem to ruin the look of the doors. What type of mesh is it? Is it that really expensive marine grade stuff? Do you mind me asking how much it cost you to put the screens on that one stacker door?

Tom said...

Hey here you also get Home Security with the help of Security Doors London

As they provide the Security Doors London you all can check this out.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Nice blog for Home Security information here I have got home security gates, windows and grilles with the help of Collapsible Security Gates

Anonymous said...

Nice blog for Home Security information,here I have got home security gates,Shutters,windows and grilles with the help of Security Doors London

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin