Thursday, February 19, 2009

Kitchen and Wardrobes

Here are the pictures of my half completed wardrobes. It is unbelievable how much cabinetry there is just for these 4 robes. The pictures are my kids robes, ours are put together but not in yet, really big job for the installer. Our builder was there with us and he couldn't get over how nice they looked in the house. It is going to take a while to get use to this as we have never had anything like this before.



The next few pictures are of my kitchen. Thank goodness John (my builder...I told him about my blog today but not the name and he reckons he will find it so lets see if he does LOL) quickly put my fears to rest about that draw, all it needs is to be adjusted and he told me just to wait until its all done!





This is my colour splash back, Mr B and John loved it! I don't know, so I have taken a picture with the colour I had selected, in real life has got that wow factor (good wow, bad wow) I don't know....What is everyones elses opinions. Sorry I didn't take a further back shot but there is cabinets and stuff everywhere...its like taking a picture of a messy house to show everyone! Also this is the top cabinet I was talking about but you cant see the gap below in the picture.










Now you can see the top panel is just a little too high.






The Bar! Well, I wasn't going to put this picture in as it is not completed but I wanted to show you the colour....no need to comment as I want to wait to see all the cabinets installed above it...white and silver. One thing about this house is that it is showing my personality hehe parts of it are very conservative but then there is this creative, outrageous, funky element that just hits you when you walk into some rooms. Enough rambling, must press the submit button before I change my mind!
Mrs B







7 comments:

Lee said...

The brown and green in your childrens' wardrobes goes together beautifully. If I had a home like this I'd be pinching myself just to make sure it's real!

Anonymous said...

Mrs B, I don't see why you were disappointed with the bar - I am not just saying it for the sake of it but honestly I like that kind of red because it has depth and it is not a "shouting red". The splashback also looks good with your white kitchen and benchtop for the same reason - depth and character. I totally understand how you were feeling yesterday about your choices, I was literally in tears when I first saw my ensuite and bathroom tiles but I have grown to like them.

Renca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Renca said...

Hi Mrs B, love your blog, love your wardrobes, they are fabulous. Are the kitchen and the bar in one big open area? If yes, I would not choose that red splashback as I don't think it goes with the bar cupboards. How about one of the colours from the granite? Good luck:). mek.

DesignTies said...

I'm commenting anyway -- LOVE the red bar!!!! Très sexy!!! 8-) It makes me think of a super-cool red & silver & white & black living room that Candice Olson designed on Divine Design (check your e-mail!!)

I'm totally loving your walnut wardrobes -- as you know, I'm a big fan of walnut :-) The bright green is the perfect accent colour against the wood, and a wonderful colour for a kid's room :-)

Love the red tiles too. I think they'll work really well with the white & gray & walnut in your kitchen... but there are other colours that would look great too :-) Not to make the decision more difficult for you, but it might be a good idea to try some other colours, just to see how you feel about other colours compared to the red.

Good to hear that John can fix the drawer problem :-)

I love that you're injecting your personality into your home -- after all, it's just that, YOUR home, and it should reflect who you are :-) Besides, every home needs a bit of creative, fun, and funky :-)

Kelly

The House That A-M Built said...

Mrs B, I am absolutely in love with your colours. They are perfect for a modern home. I couldn't think of a more exciting and funky colour for your splashback.. so rich and delicious..wardrobes = stunning, the bar is perfect too... don't change a thing.. go with what you first loved. It will all come together beautifully. Do you know how many times I have wanted to change my mind during this process? There is always a bigger, better deal out there.. always! you've just got to stop and enjoy the choice you made or else you will go crazy looking for the BB deal! Thank you for your lovely email and for your words of encouragement and support. I really appreciate it. A-M xx

Maria Killam said...

What a great blog you have and thanks for following mine, I have just added myself to your list of followers! So much fun to see the ongoing transformation!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin