Saturday, July 9, 2011

To Market!







Posted by Picasa
Every now and then, there are moments in your life that may either inspire, motivate or just give you immense pleasure...this morning was one of them. Today I went to the Boutique Market at Hawthorn Town Hall. I was actually between two minds as to should I go, but I really wanted to meet a blogger friend of mine who I have followed her build and life every step of the way for the last 3 years...A-M ( The House that A-M built) I casually mentioned on her blog that I will be there and so I thought to myself I will just say a quick hello, introduce myself then go for a wander around the stalls. Little did I know, A-M had actually told the girls at the entrance to keep a look out for me so as soon as I came in, I was introduced to the person who singularly inspired me to blog about my own house build. To try and describe how gorgeous A-M is in every possible way would do her a great injustice. I have never met such a lively, warm, vivacious and generous lady as I met today. We chatted for at least 30 mins and to say I both think we didn't take a breath between all our topics would be an understatement! We spoke about our blogs, staircases, other bloggers, our boys and of the course The Block!!!

A-M introduced me to some other stall owners whose blogs I also read. I met the girls from Mondocherry and their shop is simply divine. In the picture above is actually a material picture, stitched and beaded all by hand that I bought from their shop. They also have these stunning butterfly pictures, all hand sewn. I only wish I had more time to linger, touch and feel everything!








Posted by Picasa
I also bought this lovely yellow print from Sweet William. I told the girls I was chatting to that 'Yellow was in" and although I bought it more for my boys area, it just looks perfect next to my green bedroom cushions that I bought from Etsy. I can feel my style coming through slowly...its taking a while but well worth the wait. Sweet William have also these gorgeous prints that you will not find in shops. Once again, I could have bought so many pictures but you have got to frame them all!








Posted by Picasa
At the Boutique Market, I caught up with my other special blogger friend Stormy from Stormy's Castle. She is also a very talented creative girl and creates the most amazing artwork (you can see on her blog) It was just one of the mornings that was very inspiring and I feel the decorating bug is coming back after a year of not really doing anything.
On a final note, The Block was also a topic of conversation and we are all cheering on Katrina and Amie! These two girls are amazing and I know their house will be stunning at the end...Go Girls!

Mrs B xxxooo

3 comments:

stormygirl said...

You're so gorgeous Mrs B! It was lovely to catch up with you again! I so totally agree that this morning's venture was inspiring! All the store holders do the most amazing work and put all their heart and soul into it, they're all amazing people! I can't wait for the October one! Lovely to see you again, only wish it was for longer. I could talk about blogging, decorating, Melbourne and The Block for hours!

One of my Hobby Blogs said...

spewin I missed it, perhaps the oct one stormy mentioned!

The House That A-M Built said...

Mrs B, it was so lovely to meet you! Finally! Thank you for your kind words!

It's a date, next time I am in Melbourne (in a few weeks time).... you, me and Stormy... coffee somewhere quaint... which won't be hard as everywhere is fabulous in Melbourne. A-M xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin