Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The end is near...

Sorry I haven't posted a while and commented on all my favourite blogs! I have been so preoccupied with other things in life, dwelling on a few 'well meaning' comments by neighbours about why hasn't our house been finished yet. I think I can almost see the end in sight. We have had so many tradesman at our house, frantically trying to finish it off before our builder goes away on another overseas holiday. We have to be in before he goes...that is a given. This is such a critical time for a house build like this as the attention to detail is so important. If he rushes the jobs, it will show. We haven't waited 16 months to get a second rate finish to our house. Renderers are almost finished and the house looks so much better. Our beautiful, beautiful front door was put on today. Look at the finish, I have never seen such a finish to a front door. It is like glass and the colour is just stunning in real life. Our builder really has got some really top tradies working for him. This is what keeps me positive.
So, a few more pictures...



Front of house with our new front door and render almost done...

Our shiny green door, I still cant get over the glass look it has...I cant wait to see how my native garden is going to look at the front of the house.

Side of the house...


Our back garden...fence almost completed (the coulor of the fence is suppose to be the dark colour as in the previous picture) I take terrible photos!






Kitchen pictures for borg (member of my house forum)

I didn't go for an undermount sink like so many kitchens have now. I was so concerned about my granite , banging heavy greasy pots on it that I decided to go for the sink as shown in the picture.






I love my bins...





My tandem drawers ...the small one inside the bigger one.








More kitchen detail for Borg...
Mrs B

5 comments:

stormygirl said...

Mrs B!!! It looks absolutely fabulous! Sooooo close you can almost touch the keys and hear the champers corks popping already! It's just amazing, and all the colours are fantastic together. Is your beautiful front door 2 pac? I can't wait to see it all decorated shortly, it's just amazing.

Best wishes for the next few weeks!

Lee said...

Wow, the finish on your front door looks amazing! I've never seen anything like it before. Your house definitely looks like it's almost ready for your family to move in & make it a home. Lee :)

The House That A-M Built said...

Oh Mrs B, it's perfection. You must be SOOOO excited. You are so right, it's the tradies that make it. Your front door is just gorgeous....what a statement piece. I love a girl who loves details! A-M xx

DesignTies said...

I love EVERYTHING!!!

Your front door really looks like glass. I've never seen a door like it!! Love the chocolate brown on your house and the fencing. The drawer-in-a-drawer is awesome!! I'm going to have to borrow that idea for the dream kitchen contest I'm entering :-)

Can't wait to see more!!

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Mrs B, it is getting very close, you must be so excited. Every area of your house is just fabulous, the front door is stunning.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin